Molasses Ginger Cookies
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup brown sugar
dash of vanilla
1/8 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease/line cookie sheets.
2. In large bowl, combine first four ingredients, mix well.
3. In small bowl, combine the egg, molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla, also mix well.
4. Add molasses mixture to the flour mixture, and blend until molasses mixture is fully incorporated.
5. Using a cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, scoop portions of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten with hands and coat one side with white sugar. Place on cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 6 minutes, and leave on the pan to cool for 2 minutes.